So…. I am a very lucky/greedy girl as I’ve been nominated for the Liebster award AGAIN!! This time by the lovely author of Soft Skills’ Tips and Tricks, Hannah Karanja. Thank you for thinking my blog deserved this award 😁I feel honoured! So go give her some love from me at http://softskillstipsandtricks.com.
So as it was only yesterday I wrote my acceptance for my first nomination I am going to mix the way I do my acceptance up a little so here it goes!
Firstly refer to my original acceptance post where you will find all the rules of the award, my previous nominations, questions, and answers….. http://travelsofababy-vet.com/travels-of-a-baby-vet-is-honoured-to-accept-the-liebster-award/
Now for the questions asked by Hannah…
- Why did you start blogging? Well… I have always had an affinity for English, it was one of my favourite subjects at school. However, my passion for animals and desire to be a vet lead me down the science and problem-solving route. Veterinary gives me many things and I love it fiercely but… there was that little literacy hole which I yearned to fill. I tried writing a diary but found I was a bit of a commitment-phobe with it so blogging seemed to tick all the boxes acting like a semi-consistent diary of all the cool things I’ve got to do during my journey through vet school (and hopefully all the cool things I am yet to do in the future!). From there it evolved into something not just for myself but into what I hoped would inspire, entertain and help others. I’m excited to see where blogging will take me next and how it will continue to evolve!
- Morning, noon or night? (When it comes to writing your blog posts) Like with everything else in my life I am most productive in the morning. I like nothing more than to get up early when the house is quiet and sit in my dressing gown and a cup of tea writing a blog post!
- How often do you post a new blog? Well unfortunately I’m a bit of a fair weather blogger as I’m a full-time vet student in my final year so this often takes over my blogging time. I try to keep my facebook and Instagram up to date and post regularly but for the big juicy blog posts these can sometimes take a while to do (I’m also a bit of a perfectionist and have been known to fall out with myself mid-blog and delete the whole thing and start again if I’m not happy with it). So the short answer after that little ramble is… when I can!
- Why did you choose your niche? Well as I mentioned before, my blog began as a bit of a semi-regular diary of the cool things I did at vet school and developed from there. I’ve always been told to write what you know so writing about veterinary, being a student and travel seemed to make sense!
- When did you discover that you liked writing? I’ve always loved writing, even from a young age and every time I read something well written, be it a book, a blog or an article online it inspires me to get writing myself. When I was little I used to make up stories and had pages and pages of notebooks with my little scribbles in. I’m glad I’ve found a unique outlet for my scribbling and I can only hope my writing will continue to improve because of it.
There are a variety of rules for the Liebster Award and many ask differet things of those receiving the award. In my last award acceptance I wrote 10 facts about myself so in this one I will take on of the other tasks which is to provide 5 nuggets of wisdom to fellow bloggers based on my experience ( which is not exactly extensive, having been blogging for less than a year, but I’ll give it a good bash).
The Baby-Vet’s Top Tips for Blogging
- Write about what you love – then you will always manage to write with passion and your interest will come across to your reader, making for a better blog post.
- Help other bloggers out – sure we all want our own blogs to do well, but blogging is a community where we can all help each other and learn from one another so read other blogs, if you get an award, nominate others, like, follow and share work you enjoy and people will reciprocate
- A picture is worth a thousand words – try to include images in your posts to engage your reader as it’s likely the picture which will make them click your post and then your writing which will make them stay….
- Don’t be afraid to make fun of yourself, it’s what makes you human and will make you more likable! All the best stories are from those where things have gone wrong and wound up in a hilarious or embarrassing incident. Trust me people will have a much better time laughing at your misfortune than they will be getting jealous over how perfect your life seems to be.
- Get Grammarly! It notices so many little mistakes that even after I’ve proof-read I’ve missed. It’s free and I would 100% recommend it for people in the blogging gig.
And finally…… My list of nominations and my questions for you guys as I feel it’s only fair as I’ve been awarded to doubley share the love!
1. Marching with Peonies and Passports authors; Anne and Lyndsey https://marchingwithpeoniesandpassports.com
2. Aimlessly On Point author; Taylor http://aimlesslyonpoint.com/
3. Degustace author; Ayu Widyadari https://degusstace.com/
4. Fairly Global author; Jasmin http://www.fairlyglobal.com
5. Abroad American author; Tom https://abroadamerican.com/
And here are my questions for you lovely lot, have fun with them and tag me in your post so I can nosey at how you got on …….