So anyone who follows my Facebook page will know that finding out I’d received this award was rather more dramatic than usual in the way that it was at 3 AM on a weekday morning before I was due to spend my day rectalling cows (as vet students are renowned for doing….. Not just for fun I might add, though I would argue there is a certain thrill behind it all… But to diagnose pregnancy). I was rudely awoken by an astronomical crash which had me wondering if I’d woken up in the middle of an air-raid or something, to find my door had completely come off its hinges and had gone crashing to the floor. With my heart beating like the clappers in my slightly dazed and sleepy state it took a little while to calm down after my rude awakening…. And that’s when I looked over at my phone and saw that the lovely Amber of Amber’s Compass had nominated me for the ‘Blogger Recognition Award!!’ Now 3 AM is an ungodly hour to begin attempting an award acceptance post so with one suitably dead arm after a productive morning rectalling cattle, I am writing it now……
The Bloggers recognition award is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers, it’s a nice little way to show that other bloggers are reading and enjoying your work! If you are nominated and choose to accept the award you must abide by the following rules……
• Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
• Write a post to show the award.
• Give a brief story of how your blog started.
• Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
• Nominate 15 other bloggers you want to pass this award to.
• Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them, and provide the link to the post you created.
So on that note…… First and foremost I would love to thank Amber’s Compass for nominating me for this award. I feel incredibly honoured that she read my blog and thought it worth some recognition so again, I am incredibly grateful!
Amber’s Compass is a travel blog giving advice to travellers about where to go and what to do around the world. She is definitely one to read as a female traveller and she also has a lot of really useful blogging advice, especially for those just starting out in the blogging world. Here is a link to her blog so check it out!! https://amberscompass.com
How I started my blog….
I began blogging as a kind of online diary of my antics at Uni and from there it slowly became one of my most favourite past times! More recently still I have begun to focus more on, not only documenting my life at vet school and any travelling escapades I embark on, but also giving advice to fellow and future vetlings, travellers and adventurers in hopes of imparting some wisdom and ensuring others learn from my many mishaps!
Advice to New Bloggers…..
Well, I am by no means an expert on this as my blog is far from leaving its toddler stages itself but I think one of the most important things about blogging is to write about something you’re passionate about. If you write about something you love then your writing will have a lot more ummf and be much more interesting to read.
My second piece of advice would be to do your research… Ensure you have your facts straight before you write about something and ensure your sources are legit! That way your readers will trust your advice and that way you will gain credibility.
And Finally….My Nominees….
Here I’ve selected 15 blogs that I think deserve a bit of recognition for their hard work and incredible readability. Congratulations guys!!
1. Obsessive Cooking Disorder – http://www.obsessivecooking.com As a foodie I am naturally drawn to so much food-porn! Amazing illustrations and photos, fab recipes, makes me hungry every time I visit!
2. https://www.gentleroseportraiture.com/denverbirthphotographyblog Now as I’m a sentimental bugger and due to my new found love for photography, I just love that this blog combines photography with the family and unconditional love aspect.
3. http://artyallsorts.com A really nice, easy to read, beautifully laid out blog
4. https://oneearthtooless.com Lots of fab pics, love that she has a category called “Rantings” …My kind of woman!
5. http://www.mydearlittlesister.com A well laid out and written blog with a beautiful message about family. Being the oldest and having two sisters myself, this blog struck a chord with me!
6. http://www.bebeshamo.com Particularly enjoy this girl’s travel pieces, she’s one cool cat!
7. https://chasingkrista.com Quirky, fun blog written by an equally quirky fun girl!
8. The Emily Edit http://www.emelismith.co.uk A fun blog that brings out the teenager in me again!
9. http://www.bestcaptured.net Fabulous pictures, beautiful setup, been to some amazing locations……. I’m very jealous!
10. http://www.lowcosttravellers.com Because low-cost travel is what I like! Ace tips from these guys, really interesting blog posts.
11. http://brookebrunson.com A very versatile blog, lots to look at, some handy life tips on there too!
12. https://bibablog.com what can I say? She created a post called ‘Any time is tea time’ Definitely a girl after my own heart!
13. https://www.homespunposh.com This woman has serious talents in creativity!
14. http://www.hotdatedinner.com/ Another foodie blog, some tasty dishes on here that I can’t wait to try myself!
15. http://www.oneandhalfbackpacks.com Some fab tips on planning travel excursions I found incredibly useful.
Looking forward to reading your acceptance posts guys!