So, I am incredibly excited and honoured to be writing this post! My little blog has received the Liebster Award! Now for those of you who aren’t familiar with this particular honour, Liebster is derived from a German term meaning dearest or beloved. This award is one given to bloggers by other bloggers and is targeted at the newbies amongst us to invite them into the blogging circle and to help new bloggers with a lot of potential to expand their readership. I am incredibly honoured that someone thought my little blog worthy of this award (I’m still astounded people read my muddled ramblings at all!) and I happily accept this nomination in hopes that I can help a few more newbie bloggers as I pass on the baton!
Right… Let’s get down to business as by accepting this award I am agreeing to follow the rules set up by the infamous Liebster Gods so here they are….
First and foremost, I want to thank the wonderful creator of Half Chocolate, Sreya Gupta for my nomination. She has a fantastically versatile blog and I encourage you all to check it out at http://www.halfchocolate.com and give her some much-deserved love and likes from me!
The next thing on the Liebster to-do list is to write about my favourite blog that’s inspired me in my blogging career, so here goes …. It’s very hard to pick just one blog because there are so many I read and follow that make me laugh, give me wanderlust, give me help in day to day life and inspire me to blog myself. However, if I thanked everyone I’d be here for five years and in my opinion, I’ve been far too slow writing this post anyway! For this reason, I’m going to write about the blog that has most recently caught my eye and that one is ‘Passports and Pigtails’ Amy, it’s creator is a fantastically captivating writer. She is the matriarch of a family who loves to travel and this definitely speaks to me as that is what I hope I can do with my own family in the distant future. Her blog posts are really useful and speak to a wide audience and she has some unique ideas for posts. If you are someone who is thinking about travelling with a family or just a young 20-something solo traveller like myself she had something on her blog for everyone and I encourage you to check it out…. https://passportsandpigtails.com
Now I must write 10 random facts about myself… This is requiring a lot of brainpower so early in the morning!
- I have a rather unfortunate freckle on the end of my nose that looks like dirt, that to this day my mum still tries to rub off on a semi-regular basis. Being a 23-year-old adult hasn’t stopped her yet!
- Sir David Attenborough is my greatest inspiration and all-time hero, I seriously fan-girl him.
- If the title of my blog didn’t give it away…. I’m training to be a vet and hopefully this time next year I’ll be a fully-fledged one!
- I have a scar on my left eyebrow from falling off the bed when I was using it as a trampoline when I was little, it makes getting them even when plucking an absolute nightmare!
- I was always destined to be an animal lover, either that… or just plain weird! My mum caught me in the garden once sat with a big fat slug in my hand stroking it and whispering to it endearingly.
- I would probably win gold in the facial gymnastic Olympics. I often cringe at photos of me when I am caught unaware and I’m often baffled my face can even pull those expressions!
- I am vertically challenged, standing at a towering 5ft 2inches, I am the oldest of my sisters …. but also, the shortest!
- I hate being girly, I’m definitely the tom boy of the family and I’m the definition of low-maintenance. If I can get out of wearing make-up and a skirt I will do at all costs… My mum despairs with me.
- I absolutely hate coleslaw with a passion, I can smell it a mile away and even the thought makes my stomach churn!
- I hail from Yorkshire and have the accent and Sunday roast making skills to prove it!
Ok, next on the to-do list is to answer the questions asked of me by my nominator Sreya, so here it goes!
- What inspired you to become a blogger?
Well… I have always had an affinity for English, it was one of my favourite subjects at school. However, my passion for animals and desire to be a vet lead me down the science and problem-solving route. Veterinary gives me many things and I love it fiercely but… there was that little literacy hole which I yearned to fill. I tried writing a diary but found I was a bit of a commitment-phobe with it so blogging seemed to tick all the boxes acting like a semi-consistent diary of all the cool things I’ve got to do during my journey through vet school (and hopefully all the cool things I am yet to do in the future!). From there it evolved into something not just for myself but into what I hoped would inspire, entertain and help others. I’m excited to see where blogging will take me next and how it will continue to evolve!
- Which is your favourite post on your blog?
This is a really difficult one ….. but I think it’s got to be my latest post ‘Making the most of London’ I really enjoyed writing it as it was a fun and easy-going post. It was also a post I thought could genuinely help people who were a bit strapped for cash, have a fun day in London. To top it off, it’s one of my first blog posts where I got to feature images I took with my new camera which is another thing I’ve really found a passion for, and hope to improve on as I write.
- Who is your favourite fictional character? And why he/she is your favourite?
Hmmmm….. I have a bit of a girl crush on Harley Quinn. I think she’s a great character that most women can identify with (well, at least I sure can); both strong and independent and weak and needy, nurturing in some ways but selfish and driven in others, crazy but kind, has a hell of a temper and a cheeky, flirty wit and incredible intelligence, but is capable still of making stupid mistakes. She’s not perfect and no one makes her out to be and I think that’s why I like her… Well, that and I have serious Margot Robby ass envy!
- If a genie grants you three wishes, what would you wish for? And why?
- It sounds really cheesy but I would wish for a guarantee that me and my family would live full and happy lives because at the end of the day I think that’s what we all strive for!
- I would wish to be able to talk to animals as let’s face it, in my career being a real-life Dr Dolittle would be REALLY useful, not to mention quite interesting as I’ve often wondered what goes on in their little heads and that way I could find out!
- To be able to tick everything off my bucket list… Oh, the places I want to see, the things I want to learn and the things I aim to do. There’s a lot on this list of mine and it’s my life ambition to tick it all off!
- What are the five things you can’t imagine your day without?
- First and foremost; My family, cheesy as it sounds, even though I now spend 80% of my time away from home at uni and have started my own life as a semi-adult (I feel you can’t really qualify as a full adult until you’ve left uni), I still love hearing from everyone back home and a day doesn’t go by where I don’t have some sort of contact with them.
- Animals! As a vet student, animals are a HUGE part of my life and never fail to put a smile on my face, be it my own lovable pooch Fred (currently eyeing up my breakfast, I don’t need to be able to talk to animals to know exactly what he’s thinking there!), having a breath-taking experience with an animal in the wild or a touching moment with someone else’s beloved pet while working at the vets, my day most definitely wouldn’t be the same without them!
- Food, it is one of my great loves in life and I am definitely quite a force to be reckoned with if I get hungry (in fact just talking about food is making my stomach rumble )! Not only do I enjoy eating it but I’m quite a keen cook and baker too… when I have the time!
- I hate to say it but I should admit that I’d be lost without my phone. It’s how I stay connected with the world and it has my life on it! How else would I blog, email and keep in touch with friends and family and what’s happening in the world when I’m constantly on the go?!
- I can’t actually think of a fifth one… I mean I’m sure there are lots of things but… it’s the morning and my brain hasn’t quite had the chance to warm up properly yet so we’ll stick to four for now!
Now onto the bit where I get to ask the questions! To those I have nominated (see below) I ask you the following five questions……
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- What are the top five things on your bucket list?
- Who is your hero in life, the person you look up to or aspire to be like the most?
- What is your favourite thing about your blog?
- What are your top blogging tips?
And Finally…… My nominations!
- Olivia Bates author of ‘The toe of the boot’ (https://thetoeoftheboot.com/)
- Rebeka, Author of ‘Miss Caffeinated’ (http://misscaffeinated.com/)
- Tanisha, author of ‘A Thousand Foods’ (http://athousandfoods.co)
- Rebecca Vining Williamson, author of ‘One Spare Tire’ (http://onesparetire.com/)
- The lovely lady Doctor, author of ‘Doc gone wild’ (https://www.docgonewild.com)
If you want to see a great post about the rules of the Liebster award check out global Aussie’s blog post ….. https://theglobalaussie.com/blog/liebster-award-2017 – A great place to start when accepting your award!